By 3 Years
- Can name most familiar things.
- Uses pronouns like, "I," "we," and "you"
- Uses some regular plurals.
- Follows 2-3 step instructions.
- Understands prepositions, like "in," "on," and "under"
- Knows their age, name, and sex
- Can name at least one friend
- Carries on a conversation using 2-3 sentences
By 4-5 Years
- Tells simple stories using full sentences
- Uses many rules of grammar, including correct pronoun use and future tense
- Follows 3-step instructions
- Sings a song or says a poem from memory
- Knows first and last name and address
- Engages in pretend play
- Engages in collaborative play
If you're concerned that your child's speech development is delayed, the following childhood speech, language and communication phases might be helpful in deciding if your child would benefit from support of a speech therapist.
We offer speech therapy for children who have varied speech & language disorders that are affecting their ability to fully engage in all aspects of life.
Whether your child is just beginning to speak or is transitioning to secondary school, we provide your child personalized speech and language therapy to improve their ability to communicate and interact with family and friends at home and school.
Our speech and language therapy techniques have been effective in treating a wide variety of disorders, as well as non-verbal and Autistic children who have participated in other treatment programs without adequate results.
Enabling Children to Reach Their Full Potential
By 6 Months
- Strings vowels together
- Begins to say some consonants.
- Makes distinct sounds for joy
- Responds to sounds in different ways
- May respond to own name
- Cries in differently to show hunger, pain, and being tired
- Takes turns babbling with parent
Children’s Speech Development Phases
The Pediatric Speech Therapy Services Offered By Our Speech Therapists Treat Children With Single Or Multiple Speech-Language Challenges That Impact Them In School And At Home
Call us at:
Frisco Feeding & Speech Therapy
Our Speech Therapist Services Have Proven Results For Our Clients & Their Families
New speech therapy client's families can contact us for a free phone consultation or they can just fill out our Enrollment Request Form.
If you'd like read what our client's families say about our Frisco speech therapists and feeding therapists, here is a link to our Google Reviews. It is heartwarming for us to hear how we have help improve these children's lives.
By 2 Years
- Knows about 200 words
- Puts two words together
- Understandable about 50% of the time.
- Points to things when they are named,
including body parts and familiar people
- Follows simple directions
- Imitates adult activities in play
- Points to things in a book
- Repeats actions to make others laugh